Tuesday, September 28, 2004

What I'm Reading

Third Watch, the third book in a new series by Bodie & Brock Thoene called the A.D. Chronicles. And wow is it good! The first (First Light) started off slow, but got excellent...the second, Second Touch, met my expectations...and this one is matching if not surpassing those two. They're set in the time of Christ, but stories are told mostly from the perspectives of countless minor characters in the gospels: a blind beggar, a Roman centurion, lepers, etc. And such rich Jewish history and information--I am learning how much we miss out on by not knowing all the Jewish heritage that laid the foundation for our Messiah! If you're looking for a captivating fiction read, I highly recommend these. And now with the close of this commercial, back to my book.

No comments: