Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I Found a Dress!!

How excited am I?!?! I know that 90 percent of you reading this could not care less that I finally found a wedding dress I love. But after three shopping trips, six stores and probably upwards of 50 dresses tried on...this is a momentous occasion :)

Mom and I went to Indy yesterday--where, as an added bonus, we got to have lunch with the lovely Sandra Andrews, who I hadn't seen since graduation!--and hit two more bridal salons. I finally got to try on the dress I found a picture of online and had been in love with ever since. But I didn't love it like I thought I would. I started to get pretty discouraged, wondering if I was just being too picky or if I would ever find something.

At the next store, the third dress I tried on brought tears to my eyes, and Mom's. And the price tag brought tears (of joy) to my dad's eyes :) Whoo-hoo! Now I can finally get more excited about wedding planning. It was hard for me to care about cakes and flowers when I didn't even have a dress to wear. Let the planning really begin...

P.S. A picture of my dress can be found here.

No comments: