Friday, April 15, 2005

Colorado Visit

Finally taking a minute to post pictures and blog about my AWESOME weekend in Denver. I can't even begin to explain what a tremendous blessing this little getaway was!!

It was so much fun to stay with my mentor and her wonderful family. On Friday, I got to go to the office at Kingdom Building Ministries and see several of my old co-workers. Then Diane and I headed up to Estes Park for a retreat. I had been praying and hoping for some sort of breakthrough, as the last several months have been difficult ones for me spiritually (and I wasn't even completely sure why). It was painful to talk through stuff and come face to face with where I was--I did a whole lot of crying on Friday and Saturday. But God was so faithful. He met me right where I was on Saturday afternoon, as I wrote about a couple of days ago. And then Saturday night, I had what I believe was the breakthrough I'd been praying for. God really broke me and tore down some walls of pride that had built up in my heart. Then I spent time on my face just praising Him...He was so present there!!

It's not that things are suddenly perfect, and it's going to take a daily surrender of pride and asking God to teach me how to walk in true humility before Him. But He has graciously restored to me a joy that I have not had in a long, long time. I am so thankful for my weekend with Him...and with so many other beloved people in my life. Here are the pictures...

No comments: