Monday, July 18, 2005

Welcome to the South

This Yankee has been officially transplanted...

Steve and I are all moved into our apartment down here in Tennessee...I can definitely speak for both of us when I say we are ready to be settled and done with all the newness and changes!

His dad and little brother helped us move on Friday; we spent all day Saturday unpacking (mostly just the kitchen) and then yesterday went on the mother of all grocery trips...at least we kept consoling ourselves as we signed the receipt-as-long-as-my-arm that a lot of those things were items we won't have to buy regularly, just one-time purchases. Then we had our first official meal in our new apartment, which was exciting!

Steve's first day of work was today and I've spent the day unpacking and dealing with all the logistics that go along with changing your name and moving. It's overwhelming, though we're making progress. I'm hoping to begin job searching soon but for now, it's probably a good thing that I don't have a job so I can get all these details taken care of.

We would definitely appreciate your prayers as we settle into a new home and a new marriage!

No comments: