Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Find Yourself Wasting Time Blogging?

It's past time for me to give a shout-out to an extremely helpful website. I can't count how many hours I've wasted clicking through every blog in my favorites folder (and there are a LOT), wondering if anyone has updated. Most of the time, people hadn't--I have several favorite blogs whose writers update once a week or less--but that didn't stop me from mindlessly clicking through all of them anyway. After all, I didn't want to miss anything!

Enter Bloglines. Once you set up a free account, you can "subscribe" to all the blogs you read--the ones you read daily, and the ones you enjoy that are updated infrequently at best. Bloglines then monitors FOR you--and you can visit ONE website to see which blogs have new entries and which don't. And it gives you direct links to each blog. Though it may take a bit of time to set up (especially if you have a long list of interesting blogs like I do), it's worth the time it saves in the long run.

Bloglines--it's a beautiful thing. Check it out. (And I don't even work for them!)

No comments: