Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Justice and Mercy at the Cross

God's promise finally came to fruition. His justice demanded payment for the penalty of man's sin; His mercy dictated that He provide a way for man to live. Justice said mankind deserved death and separation from Him. Mercy said we would not get it--God's Son would get it instead, so that we could receive life abundant. It came together in Jesus Christ, perfect man and holy God incarnate:

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

How I praise Him that thanks to His Son, mercy triumphs over judgment for the believer! My hope and my peace rest in the fact that because of the cross, "He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities" (Psalm 103:10).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blogs. You have a great gift for writing. I will visit your site often. The content is very thought provoking. I have enjoyed getting to know you better through working with you in GEMS. I look forward to many years of service and spiritual growth together.