Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Painting Fools

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Home ownership and all that. We've been busy, particularly this week--the agenda for Monday and Tuesday included priming and painting two bedrooms, the dining room, kitchen and hallway. Yes, I'm crazy.

Now comes the part where I tell you how absolutely awesome my parents are. They made the seven-hour trip down here to bring us a load of stuff that had been in storage and to work on the house. They worked HARD all day long for two solid days (and nights). Dad and I were painting fools while Mom cleaned like crazy and helped prep for painting (and kept the CDs changed). Amazing. I was so blown away by their generosity and their service. If I had had to do all that work myself it would have taken weeks. Instead we were able to get it all done before we move in which is a thousand times better.

I am so, so, so blessed to have the wonderful parents that I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Yay John and LuAnn! When we moved into our house my whole family pitched in to help for WEEKS. It was amazing and I don’t know what we would have done without them. Praise God for awesome families!

Danielle said...

That's wonderful! Home ownership is a lot of work, but so fun. Thanks for your kind post on my blog the other day!