Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Simple Request

I'm out for the day on a personal retreat--and I'd love it if you'd partner with me in prayer. I plan to spend some time with the Lord evaluating/processing my life and doing some growth plan stuff. I know that this season of my life (pre-kids) is probably a short one (no, I'm not pregnant) and I have struggled over the past year with wasting so much of my time. I have the blessing of not having to work outside the home, but unfortunately I squander so many of the hours I could be using proactively and productively for the Kingdom and for my own personal growth. So, my hope is that today will be a sort of catalyst for being more intentional about how I spend my time and setting goals/getting organized for what I want to accomplish and how I can grow.

I'd love it if you'd take just a minute sometime today to pray that the Holy Spirit would speak clearly to me, that I would have clarity to see God's truth and beauty and my own sin and what He wants to teach me. Please pray that God will give me the grace to "make the best use of the time" (Colossians 4:5) He has given me, that He will show me how I can best glorify Him during this season of life.

Thanks. May God pour out His grace on you!

UPDATE 9/13: Thanks so much to those of you who prayed for me yesterday. I was so encouraged by your comments/emails! I had a good day and resolved that I'd like to do that once a month--because I can, and that's going to be a distant memory once we have kids; and because it was so refreshing to get out of the house and away from distractions and spend the day with God! I was a little over-ambitious about what I hoped to work through so I still have more evaluating to do and then tackling the planning process. You can pray that I wouldn't lose momentum after yesterday and that I would follow through with finishing this process! Much love to you all.

4 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Praying for you right now

JoEllen

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father,
Pour out your Holy Spirit upon Amy's life. May you be praised and blessed today through her. You say that you will be found when we seek you with all our heart. May Amy be able to lay aside all distractions, all pretense, and all unpure motives to truly seek You. May she find You in the quiet moments, may she find You in Your holy Word, and may she find You in the faces and lives of those around her. Mold her spirit to be open and teachable. Bring change through Your power and not through the power of man. Thank you most of all for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that we may be cleansed and made righteous in order to be in Your holy presence.
In Jesus name,
Amen


Love ya girl, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Amy...Thought of and prayed for you often yesterday. I can't wait to hear how it went and where you are taking things from here!

Kelly said...

Me too... I prayed too. :)