Saturday, July 07, 2007

Can't Count That High

You've maybe heard the song "Count Your Blessings" (warning: link contains annoying MIDI file); if not, you've almost certainly heard the phrase or been instructed to do so. It came to mind when I thought about what to title this post--then I decided that in light of this one and the next post coming, I can't count them. There are too many. I am overwhelmed at the way God doesn't just provide for our needs, but blesses us far beyond what we need.

This week has been busy-busy, so I hadn't had a chance to blog about it until now, but last Sunday afternoon the ladies at our church threw a baby shower for me. They went to great lengths to decorate with a safari animals theme (since that's how we're decorating the nursery)--it looked adorable! And I was blown away by the generosity of our church in showering us with gifts to help us prepare for Baby's arrival.

A few more photos:

Check out the little elephant on the top of the cake--it was edible! One of the ladies at church makes amazing cakes.

A few of the GEMS girls...while I opened presents, all the little girls sat in a semicircle in front of me and exclaimed "AWWWWW!!!" at every single gift :)

My friend Melissa, who was in charge of the shower, pinning on my corsage. Someone made it by rolling tiny baby socks into the shape of flowers and attaching ribbon, a little teddy bear and a pacifier :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun!!! You're looking so good! :) I was thinking boy, but I think I've switched back to girl. I can't believe you're 34 weeks! You're almost there!

Anonymous said...

Amy, you look incredible! Your baby shower looked lovely. I am glad that you guys were able to find such a wonderful church down there in TN. Can you believe your baby could be here any day now? :)

Anonymous said...

Aren't the people in TN great? I'm due about the same time as you, and the only complaint I have is that it's hot! I wonder if that's why the idea of doing a jungle safari nursery theme came to mind when I was looking at all the popular nursery themes on this page!

I went from Beatrix Potter to jungle theme, because it almost seemed cruel to install Miss Potter's bunnies in such a warm location. ha

Zoanna said...

You look so good and happy. What is your actual due date? I enjoyed all the home improvement pics and chuckled at your old comment about a husband looking hot in a tool belt. I always tell Paul that whenever's he's working on a project (which,yes, is harder than a day at the office, but more rewarding for him).