Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Special Visit


At the top of my Thankful Thursday list last week, had I made one, would have been this girl! Beautiful Sara showed up at our house for dinner on Thursday and stayed through Saturday morning. What a tremendous blessing it was to see her! Our friendship began through a Bible study I led when she was a freshman in college, and during her sophomore year, I mentored her. Since then, I think she's taught me far more than I ever invested in her.
Sara is a sort of "tentmaker missionary" in New Zealand. She got a regular job teaching music at a middle school in Auckland, and since last April, she's thrown all her time and talents into serving the students and teachers she interacts with daily, as well as ministry with a local church. I so admire her zeal and enthusiasm for serving the Lord!
I hadn't seen Sara since my wedding, so it was a real treat to have her drive down here for an extended visit. She's home on Christmas break and I was so glad she made the time to come see me and my family! You can read about Sara's New Zealand adventures here--I am sure you will be encouraged and challenged by what she writes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to host a real missionary in your home who is also a friend? That's my dream.

Kelly said...

That is a REALLY good picture of the two of you!!! So colorful! :) You're really learning to use your camera quite well.
Santa and his many elves brought me one for Christmas. Even though mine is a Canon & not a Nikon, I still may be coming to you for tips. :) I have sooo much to learn.
Love you bunches & bunches.
PS. I also LOVED the Christmas card picture. :) Adorable!