Thursday, August 14, 2008

Short, But Very Sweet

There is just nothing like old friends...especially old friends who will take red-eye flights to come see you for a short visit!

Maria Lail, one of my dearest college friends, arranged her flights home from a trip to see her family so that she could detour through Nashville and spend an overnight layover at my house on Tuesday. What an awesome blessing!

Elijah and I picked her up on Tuesday morning and we headed downtown to Centennial Park, then walked to Qdoba (yum!) for lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at home catching up; we hadn't seen each other in almost two years, so we talked and talked and talked for hours. I love it when you can instantly go deep and pick up where you left off, even if it's been a while. Then we got up at 3:45 yesterday morning to head back to the airport. If you know me, you know how much I hate early mornings and need my sleep...but it was TOTALLY worth it. Such a sweet and satisfying time of fellowship.

Maria has been such a wonderful friend to me over the years. She has let me talk her ear off more times than I can count, and has provided so much encouragement and challenged me to grow into a godly woman. She is beautiful inside and out and I treasure her friendship!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a friend God's given you. You're blessed.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I made your blog! That is better than winning a medal at the olympics. ;) It was GREAT to see you, even if it was short. Hopefully next time around it won't be so long in between visits!