Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thankful Thursday, Take 111

Ack! Sorry the blog has been dormant all week. We just got back late Tuesday night from a fun mini-vacation with my in-laws in New York. I want to give the trip its own post, but haven't finished messing with my photos and would like to wait until I get some from my sister-in-law :)

Meanwhile, there's always much to be thankful for...
  • safe travels to and from New York
  • Elijah's agreeable behavior on the plane
  • the thrill of seeing the nighttime Manhattan skyline as we descended into LaGuardia
  • relaxing quality time with Steve's family
  • his parents' incredible generosity
  • the way Elijah loved playing with his baby cousin
  • girl time over a nice meal with my MIL and SIL
  • the thrill of stepping off the train at Grand Central Station and walking out onto Park Avenue
  • a day spent in NYC, my very favorite city
  • our Ergo carrier--totally invaluable on this trip
  • AskDrSears.com
  • the catching up on sleep Elijah did yesterday
  • a long walk and good conversation with Steve last night after dinner
  • our soft, cozy bed
  • the new study I am starting
  • the fact that the life-giving bread that can satisfy my soul is free

6 comments:

zz said...

I absolutely MUST see NYC soon. Our cg ladies were just talking about it last night. The descent at night from the air is worth a flight itself.

What's the new study?

Emily said...

Glad to hear you are back home safe after a wonderful trip to NY. We will be out there at the end of May to visit family. This makes me look forward to it even more. Can't wait to read more about your trip and to get some ideas for ours. Praise God for safe travels, family, fellowship, and fun:)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

That's awesome you're still using the Ergo carrier! I ordered one with the boys but ended up sending it back. I thought I'd use a carrier a lot with twins, but the reality is not so much. With two, they really have to stay in their stroller for jaunts like that. And they were too little to even fit in it originally. But if I ever have one child, I might get it because it looks like it would be comfortable. Do you find it so still, even with how big your son is now? I remember you really researched it.

Sarah said...

So glad you had a great time in NYC-what a vacation (I'm jealous!)

I'm thankful too for good conversation and comfy beds!

Amy said...

Danielle--yes, totally still feeling the Ergo love :) I don't use it nearly so much anymore now that E is older/more mobile, but on this trip it really was indispensible. I can't imagine juggling a stroller through the airport, on and off trains and subways, navigating one down super-crowded NYC sidewalks...yikes! Plus Elijah will nap in the Ergo, but not in a stroller.

I won't lie, I was definitely tired and achy after wearing him in the city all day long (well, Steve and I traded off and on, but we were basically wearing him from about 11a to 6p)--but no more sore/tired than my feet and legs were just from walking a lot. It wasn't a lasting pain, unlike other carriers I tried. It really does distribute the weight well.

As far as his size, I'm sure if I hadn't been babywearing all along and suddenly strapped a 22-ish pound toddler on my back it wouldn't be comfortable. But I've been gradually building up to it, so it's really not bad at all. And Steve loves it as much as I do.

My BIL/SIL also have an Ergo and love it--they were wearing my 7-month-old niece all day, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, good to know!