Friday, October 30, 2009

CSA Adventure: Week 25

Obviously, it's not much of an adventure anymore, but I'll finish what I started. We have delivery on Friday mornings now, instead of having to pick up our share on Thursday afternoons. The pick-up place was right on Steve's way home from work, so it wasn't really inconvenient, but this is nice nonetheless.

I was expecting only eggs and beef today, but our farmer surprised me by dropping off a whole chicken. They asked us earlier in the summer if there would be interest if they started selling chickens, and I expressed interest. I asked about it again recently, so she brought one for us to try.

Also, Steve and I thoroughly enjoyed one of our NewYork strip steaks (it was big enough that we could split it and save the other for later) last week. We had a simple but fabulous meal: grilled steak, real-butter-and-heavy-cream fettuccine alfredo, and steamed broccoli that was to DIE for with that yummy alfredo sauce on top of it. Can't wait to try the filets that are still in the freezer! It had been a LONG time since we'd had steak at home, so this was a fun treat.

This week:
  • a dozen farm-fresh eggs
  • two pounds grass fed ground beef
  • one whole pastured chicken

No comments: