Monday, September 20, 2010

Multitude Monday, Take 176

Thanking God this week for...

883. a whole week with no hormonal, emotional late-pregnancy meltdowns
884. a friend who picked up a few things for me at Costco (we don't have a membership)
885. Picasa's face-recognition feature for sorting photos
886. white grape peach juice
887. random little things that bring back funny memories of friends

888. the fact that His salvation is daily, not just a one-time event (I mean, the cross is a once-and-for-all event...but its application/implications are ongoing, not just a one-time "I prayed the prayer and got saved from hell")
889. opportunities to provide hospitality to women who have served/are serving our family
890. Scotty Smith's fabulous blog Heavenward--a powerful, gospel-centered prayer each day
891. being the Good Shepherd who gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart
892. the built-in dresser in the nursery (Steve's handiwork)

893. the way contact lenses protect my eyes when I'm cutting onions
894. Steve's practical help in fighting laziness
895. decent sleep in spite of late pregnancy
896. Compassion International
897. initiating a covenant from which He had nothing to gain because He needs nothing...and everything to lose because it would cost His only Son

898. colorful, beautiful patterns on fabric and paper
899. lots of sunny days in a row for sunning cloth diapers
900. new baby's carseat, in Ohio State colors :)
901. the kindness and generosity of a sweet mama who doesn't even know me but wanted to bless me by doing me a tremendous favor
902. our awesome pastors and their commitment to shepherding our souls

903. yesterday's pastoral oversight meeting
904. sustaining Baby and me safely to 37 weeks = I can officially have a homebirth!
905. the women who will be my support team for the birth, and last Thursday's opportunity to get them all together
906. being my Burden-Bearer

holy experience

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy 37 weeks! Praying praying praying so hard for you, friend. Love you bunches! Wish I could hug you!

Danielle said...

I didn't know you were having a home birth! Very cool! If we ever have more kiddos, I think it's a GIVEN it'll about have to be a home birth, considering the speed of Sophia's birth!! :)

Amy said...

Danielle, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read your birth story - "she needs to plan a homebirth next time!" :)