Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MMM: What Am I Seeking?

Elijah and I are still plugging away at our memory work this month! He's got his first two verses down pat, but we're still working on number three, Proverbs 3:5. I'm about 80 percent of the way through John 1. Over the weekend I worked on verse 38:

"Jesus turned and saw them following and said to them, 'What are you seeking?'"

I wondered if I dared ask myself the same question as I follow Jesus: What am I seeking? Am I following Him merely because I think He can/will give me what my heart is really after?

Shamefully, too often, yes. O Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner. Cause my heart to long for You alone. Make me a faithful follower of Jesus, not in pursuit of what nice things or experiences He can give me, but in pursuit of Him--a follower who is seeking HIM, who wants nothing more than to know You and love You and bring glory to Your name.

1 comment:

Ann Kroeker said...

Love your reflections as updates along with where you're actually at with the memory part. You "own" these verses, don't you!