Monday, August 19, 2013

Multitude Monday, Take 295

"...it seems like that's what God is saying to us, over and over. 'What can I do today to remind you again how good this life is? You think the color of the sky is good now, wait till sunset. You think oranges are good? Try a tangerine.' He's a crazy delightful mad scientist and keeps coming back from the lab with great, unbelievable new things, and it's a gift. It's a gift to be a part of it."
--Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines (234)

Still counting gifts this week, thanking God for...

5503. Jude sitting at the front door in a toddler-sized rocking chair, watching the hard rain
5504. His extreme patience
5505. the fact that even though our tomato plants look dead, they are still somehow producing fruit
5506. health insurance with free well visits
5507. healthy, strong, growing boys

5508. Elijah's best bud bringing him a birthday gift
5509. grace to clean up puke
5510. Ed Welch's biblical wisdom and practical, encouraging insights
5511. late night writing time
5512. illness surprisingly short-lived

5513. 65 degree mornings! in August! in Tennessee!
5514. friends' testimonies of His faithfulness
5515. plane tickets I was watching came back down $100!
5516. Jude and Elijah dancing with each other while Steve and I practiced
5517. a zoo date with Elijah
 

5518. giant tortoises
 
5519. the beauty and diversity of His creation
5520. ice cream cones
 
5521. His mercy and grace toward disappointing people like me
5522. the physical strength to work and play

5523. a new photo of my Compassion-sponsored child (who's hardly a child anymore!)
5524. my own thyme and basil right outside my front door
5525. the ability to satisfy my boys' bottomless bellies when they're in growth spurts
5526. His compassion, so utterly beyond what I show to my children
5527. momentum, ideas, passion, plans

5528. this sweet, silly face
 
5529. no anxiety or apprehension on the first day of school--just the excited grins of a boy eager to start kindergarten

1 comment:

Danielle said...

So I've been wanting to read Shauna Niequist's newest book. I've never read anything by her. What do you think of her writing?

Aw, Elijah looks so big! So did you guys decide on private school--looks like he's wearing a uniform. I know you were looking at all your options.